Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Teaching Standards are a good thing

I have the privilege of being evaluated since I'm a new teacher. My rubric will be the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (full document), which have to do with students, curriculum and learning, and growing as an educator.

I like to multi-task, kill two birds with one stone, so I will also infuse my technology standards via ISTE NETS for Teachers concurrently, which luckily are similar.

There is a lot of dialog about teacher quality, merit pay for student test scores, and a whole new industry on professional development classes, teacher testing, etc. All I wish to add is that when teachers honestly meet the standards and are happy in their jobs, you've got great, motivated employees. When something is amiss, not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment