Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spring 2011 Curriculum Ideas

I'm thinking about what I'd like to teach my students before June (t minus 3 months) and I have so many ideas! Problem is there's so little time...basically 4 months and some weeks before the end of May, which is when the best teachers cease teaching and begin planning for the end of the year. I mean, going beyond May is torturous for your students with all the sunshine and graduation planning!

Anyway, I've decided to ask students what they want to learn and prepare a few lessons so they can choose or rotate. Here are some topics I've come up with [will add more as students suggest or as inspiration hits]
  • HTML & Web Design (web design, programming, art, communication)
  • Designing and Building a [miniature] House using reused and recycled materials (architecture, engineering, design, electrical circuitry, interior decor, ecology)
  • Podcasting Spring events (engineering, communications, design, recording, writing)
  • Art with Digital Tools (visual arts, history, communication)
  • Game Design (game design, computer programming)

No comments:

Post a Comment