Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quiet Little Google Features

It's no secret that I'm a fan of Google because they offer so much good stuff ... for free! So they recently rolled out a new GUI for Google Docs, no big deal, I ignore things until I have need for them. So today I notice that there's a link for "Images and Videos", I take note and click away. Google Docs has separated my few image files from the document files. But the more interesting thing is I can select "Images and Videos", "Images", or ... "Videos". Are they taking a swing at YouTube or are they just trying to become the Internet's archivist? You decide.

I can't rave enough about Gmail's Multiple Inboxes feature: you Label your incoming mail, set up which labels or filters you want to go into specific inboxes and they show up! I set up an account to use for students who don't have e-mail addresses (agbowoStudents@gmail.com then I add "+StudentName" to differentiate each student), but I have that account auto-forward to ms.agbowo@gmail.com so I'm not checking multiple accounts hourly. But the kicker is I have all those e-mails filtering and archiving to one of my Multiple Inboxes so I don't have to sift through my 1000's of messages, THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!

Then there's the Google Science Fair. Who's done that before?

No comments:

Post a Comment